Jacksonville, FL 32206
Salary: $60,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
Fickling Construction, Inc. is a general contractor that has been serving Northeast Florida since 1965.
Immediate openings are available to direct, coordinate, and exercise authority for planning, organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing projects in the commercial healthcare industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of all trades and field personnel.
- Planning and scheduling of all activities, trades and materials throughout the construction process.
- Perceiving and reporting to the project manager any work beyond original scope of work.
- Cost control.
- Reading, analyzing and interpreting building plans.
- Generate RFI’s and distribute to team members.
- Manage company-performed project specific work and onsite employees.
- Quality control.
- Assessing, managing and executing ICRA/ILSM plans.
- Responsible for on-site safety and accident reporting. Holds safety meetings and implements best-practices to keep onsite personnel and the public safe.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with subcontractors, owners reps and vendors.
- On-site assessments and training of employees to enable a more knowledgeable and strong workforce.
- Education – an associates or bachelors degree is preferred, but can be substituted with experience.
- Experience – Minimum of ten years related construction experience and/or training. Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare construction experience required. Experience with Florida AHCA is highly preferred.
- Communication Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, subcontractors, and/or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability – Use of basic reasoning, thinking “on your feet”, and ability to resolve issues quickly with little or no direction from a superior. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – OSHA 30 Hour preferred. If not current, to receive within the first year of employment and keep current.
- Other Skills and Abilities – Knowledge of all facets of ground up Healthcare Construction/New Renovation.
Other Job Information:
- Applicants who may not meet all requirements above but who have the drive and willingness to train in a lesser role will be considered.